Property Refurbishment and Renovation in London
Property refurbishment and renovation in London is at the core of our business. Our experts can take the hassle out of the entire process for you. We are experienced in transforming run down, tired properties into beautiful homes and flats. Our all-in-one building service means we can take care of all aspects of work within a planned time-frame and budget.
A full property refurbishment and renovation in London involves a wide range of different tradespeople. Aegle Properties brings all tradespeople required under one roof, from architects and plasterers to window installers and roofers. As part of this service, a dedicated project manager will be assigned to your job. Your project manager will be available to answer any of your queries during your journey with us, whilst also ensuring that your job is completed to a high standard.
Our property refurbishment and renovation services include:
• Kitchen and bathroom fitting
• Brickwork repairs
• Painting and decorating
• Rendering and plastering
• Concrete repairs
• Specialist window care
• Fire risk assessment related works
• Asbestos removal
• NICEIC electrical works
• Gas Safe gas fitting works
• uPVC window installations
• Specialist non-slip floor coatings
• Liquid applied roof coatings
• Specialist chemical stripping
Our typical property refurbishment and renovation service includes the following tasks:
• Installation of new bathroom
• Installation of new lighting
• Installation of new windows
• Installation of new roof
• Installation of new internal and external doors
• Installation of steel supports
• Installation of new driveway gate
• Painting and decorating
• Boxing in of electricity and gas meters
• New skirting boards and architraves
• Paving driveway
• Full safety check
Is there a difference between refurbishment and renovation?
The terms ‘refurbishment’ and ‘renovation’ are often used interchangeably but they have slightly different meanings. According to The Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC):
• Refurbishment refers to a process of improvement by cleaning, decorating, and re-equipping.
• Renovation refers to the process of returning something to a good state of repair.
In simple terms, one refers to restoring something whilst the other refers to improving something. In most cases our clients would restore and improve certain elements of their property within a single job. For example, a client may decide to restore their parquet flooring in the living room but replace it with new and improved rubber flooring in the kitchen.
However, what it does NOT mean is to change or alter something – this is called Remodelling. Property remodelling include things like loft extensions, single or double storey house extensions. For property remodelling services in London see here: loft conversion, house extensions and architecture.
Why renovate and refurbish your property?
There are many reasons our clients consider renovating and refurbishing their property:
• Update an aging property
• Bought a new property which needs a complete refurbishment
• Add value to property before putting it up for sale
• Repair and restore property
• Freshen property before letting
What type of properties do we provide this service for?
Types of properties we refurbish and renovate:
• Terrace houses
• Semi-detached houses
• Detached houses
• London townhouses
All work completed by our tradespeople comes with a FREE 12 month warranty. Please contact us for more information or to arrange a free home visit.